TJ-II has two mobile limiters, located in sectors A3 and C3 (115.5º and 295.5º), with a toroidal separation of 180º.  The limiters are fitted with Langmuir probes and gas injection ports.    A biasing voltage can be applied. 
Liquid Lithium limiters
On May 2012 the LLL was installed in sector A.    Experiments on D retention were performed at temperatures up to 400°C. Also, biasing of the LLL respect to the plasma and respect to he C limiter in C3 were carried out. Insertion of the LLL up to 3 cm into the edge was possible without any apparent damage. Biasing of the LLL to positive voltages led to improved energy and particle confinement in ECRH plasmas.  In 2014, a second LLL unit has been installed in C3 to replace the former C limiter.
- E. de la Cal et al, The diagnosed mobile limiters of the TJ-II stellarator for plasma boundary studies, J. Nucl. Mat. 266-269 (1999) 485
- E. de la Cal, B. Brañas, F.L. Tabarés, D. Tafalla, A.L. Fraguas, M.A. Pedrosa, V. Tribaldos, E. Ascasibar, J. Herranz, I. Pastor and TJ-II Team, Plasma boundary and SOL studies of ECH-plasmas in TJ-II stellarator with diagnosed mobile poloidal limiters, Journal of Nuclear Materials, 290-293 (2001) 579-583
- I. García-Cortés et al, Fuelling efficiency of hydrocarbons in TJ-II plasmas, J. Nucl. Mat. 337-339 (2005) 441-445
- E. de la Cal et al, Hydrogen recycling and puffing at a poloidal limiter of TJ-II, J. Nucl. Mat. 363-365 (2007) 764-769
- C. Hidalgo et al, Improved confinement regimes induced by limiter biasing in the TJ-II stellarator, Plasma Phys. Control. Fusion 46 (2004) 287-297
- A.V. Vertkov, I.E. Lyublinski, F. Tabares, E. Ascasibar, Development of Liquid Lithium Limiter for Stellarator TJ-II, 23rd IAEA Fusion Energy Conference, Daejon, Korea (2010) FTP/P1-34
- I.E. Lyublinski, A.V. Vertkov, et al., Development and experimental study of Lithium based plasma facing elements for fusion reactor application, 23rd IAEA Fusion Energy Conference, Daejon, Korea (2010) FTP/3-6Rb
- A.V. Vertkov, I.E. Liublinski, F.L. Tabarés et al., Status and prospect of the development of liquid lithium limiters for stellarotor TJ-II, Fus. Eng. and Design 87 (2012) 1755 - 1759
- F.L. Tabarés et al. Studies of Plasma-Lithium Interactions in TJ-II, IAEA 2012, EX/P5-36
- E. Oyarzabal et al. Proc 17th ISHW Padova, Sept 2013.
- F.L. Tabarés et al. Proc 3rd ISLA Conference. Frascati, Oct 2013