TJ-II:Electron Bernstein Wave Heating
In TJ-II, the possibility of achieving high-density plasmas using Electron Bernstein Wave Heating (EBWH), which has been used successfully in the W7-AS and H-J stellarators, is being explored.   It offers a way of overcoming the cut-off density limit associated with ECRH methods (1.7×1019 m-3 in TJ-II). Preliminary studies highlighted several promising EBWH first harmonic schemes, i.e. at 28 GHz.  Results have also been reported.  
The system is located in sector D6.
- A. Fernández et al., The design of an electron Bernstein wave heating system for the TJ-II stellarator, Fusion Sci. Tech. 46, pp. 335-341 (2004)
- A. Fernández et al., Status of the TJ-II Electron Bernstein Waves heating project, Fusion Engineering and Design 74, Issues 1-4 (2005) 325-329
- F. Castejón et al., Electron Bernstein wave heating calculations for TJII plasmas, Fusion Sci. Tech. 46, pp. 327-334 (2004)
- J.B.O. Caughman, Á. Fernández, Á. Cappa, et al., Initial Electron Bernstein Wave Emission Measurements on the TJ-II Stellarator, Fusion Sc. Technol. 57 (2010) 41
- J.M. García-Regaña, Á. Cappa, F. Castejón, J.B.O. Caughman, M. Tereshchenko, A. Ros, D.A. Rasmussen and J.B. Wilgen, Electron Bernstein waves emission in the TJ-II stellarator, Plasma Phys. Control. Fusion 53 (2011) 065009